Here, you can learn JPI's perspective on criminal and juvenile justice systems and how we can improve the well-being of people and communities, including our most recent press releases, appearences in the media, and other criminal and juvenile justice related news.
For media inquiries, contact Elizabeth McCabe Deal, Communications Director, at office (202) 888-6748 or cell (917) 620-9540.
- Time for adult responsibility at Connecticut Juvenile Training School
- Marc Schindler, Jun 22, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler calls for reform at Connecticut Juvenile Training School.
- What I really want for Father’s Day: Stop Solitary for Kids
- Marc Schindler, Jun 20, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler tells why we must Stop Solitary for Kids
- A path to an overdue end of bail
- Robert C. Embry, Jr., Jun 7, 2016
- More than 8,200 people were held on bail in Baltimore last year because they couldn't afford release.
- Hogan prepares to sign off on overhaul of Maryland criminal justice system
- Michael Dresser, May 19, 2016
- On Thursday, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan will sign off on a major shift in criminal justice policy.
- Should Solitary Confinement for Youth be Abolished?
- Crossroads with Roach Brown, May 10, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler joins WPFW's Crossroads to discuss Stop Solitary for Kids.
- JPI's May Newsletter
- Justice Policy Institute, May 9, 2016
- Stay up to date on JPI's recent work!
- JPI Welcomes Jamille White to Staff
- Justice Policy Institute, May 4, 2016
- The Justice Policy Institute is proud to announce its new Office Administrator, Jamille White.
- Abandon outdated practice of juvenile seclusion
- Harvey J. Reed, May 1, 2016
- The Director of the Ohio Department of Youth Services tells why we must Stop Solitary for Kids.
- Judge's order to release inmates highlights budget issues in New Orleans
- Emma Gallimore, May 1, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler weighs in.
- Race, education, income, poverty: How does Baltimore compare?
- Saliqa Khan, Apr 29, 2016
- A look at Baltimore, citing JPI's Right Investment .
- Raise the age of criminal responsibility and save taxpayers a bundle
- Mark Grovic and Marc Schindler, Apr 28, 2016
- Incarcerating youths in juvenile-detention facilities is expensive, but punishing them as adults costs even more
- The Short and Long Game on Ending Juvenile Solitary
- John Kelly, Apr 25, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler tells why we must Stop Solitary for Kids.
- It's Time to Get Cops Out of Schools
- Karen Dolan, Apr 23, 2016
- Karen Dolan from the Intitute for Policy Studies cites JPI.
- Out of jail, uninsured, ex-inmates face health care challenges
- Jay Hancock, Apr 23, 2016
- Not enrolled in Medicaid, former inmates without health insurance jeopardize public health.
- Stop Solitary for Kids
- Vincent Schiraldi and Mark Soler, Apr 22, 2016
- JPI joins the campaign to Stop Solitary For Kids.
Browse by date
Browse by keyword