Here, you can learn JPI's perspective on criminal and juvenile justice systems and how we can improve the well-being of people and communities, including our most recent press releases, appearences in the media, and other criminal and juvenile justice related news.
For media inquiries, contact Elizabeth McCabe Deal, Communications Director, at office (202) 888-6748 or cell (917) 620-9540, or contact Olivia Martinez, Digital Media Associate, at office (202) 888-6784 or cell (714) 600-4463.
- Greater Baltimore Committee recommends initiatives to put more ex-offenders to work
- Lorraine Mirabella, Dec 8, 2016
- Citing JPI's research on Baltimore.
- A Focus on Young Adults Will Help Create Safer Communities and Reduce the Use of Incarceration
- Marc Schindler, Dec 7, 2016
- Marc Schindler discusses JPI's newest report on young adult justice.
- Baltimore's cash bail system traps thousands, propelling the poor deeper into poverty
- Anne Kim, Dec 7, 2016
- Citing JPI's Bail Fail.
- Time is right for criminal justice reforms
- Jordan Richardson, Dec 4, 2016
- Jordan Richardson of the Charles Koch Institute cites JPI.
- Maryland's unconstitutional bail reality
- Marc Schindler, Nov 28, 2016
- Maryland's bail system is unconstitutional and can't be allowed to continue.
- Study: Maryland spending too much locking people up; Not enough on alternative programs
- Paul Gessler, Nov 25, 2016
- JPI's Executive Director Marc Schindler joins Fox Baltimore to discuss reinvestment in Maryland.
- MD Bail Industry Takes Hit From New Rule Protecting Poor Defendants
- Taya Graham, Nov 19, 2016
- Judiciary Rules Committee approves guidance for judges instructing them to reconsider bail for defendants to poor to pay.
- Reform Maryland’s cash-bail practices
- Cherise Fanno Burdeen and Marc Schindler, Nov 11, 2016
- JPI joins the Pretrial Justice Institute in calling for Maryland pretrial reform.
- ‘Expansive’ Juvenile Justice Reform Bill Close to Law in DC
- Allen Fennewald, Nov 8, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler weighs in.
- Stop Solitary for Kids: The Movement Grows
- Mark Soler and Marc Schindler, Oct 17, 2016
- The Stop Solitary for Kids campaign continues to gain momentum.
- How Juvenile Justice Officials, Partners Should Honor National Youth Justice Awareness Month
- Shay Bilchik and Michael Umpierre, Oct 14, 2016
- Citing JPI and the Stop Solitary for Kids campaign.
- Unconstitutional detention
- The Baltimore Sun Editorial Board, Oct 13, 2016
- Md. judges should stop requiring cash as a condition of bail or at least set realistic prices.
- Md. attorney general’s office raises constitutionality questions about state’s cash bail system
- Ovetta Wiggins, Oct 11, 2016
- Citing JPI's Marc Schindler and Bail Fail report.
- An effective approach to youth justice will help enhance public safety
- Marc Schindler and Shay Bilchik, Oct 4, 2016
- What the new FBI crime statistics tell us about juvenile justice reform.
- A 14-Year-Old Is Facing Trial for 'Stealing' a Milk Carton - and It's Part of a Huge Problem
- Mike Rothschild, Oct 1, 2016
- Citing JPI's Education Under Arrest .
Browse by date
Browse by keyword