Here, you can learn JPI's perspective on criminal and juvenile justice systems and how we can improve the well-being of people and communities, including our most recent press releases, appearences in the media, and other criminal and juvenile justice related news.
For media inquiries, contact Elizabeth McCabe Deal, Communications Director, at office (202) 888-6748 or cell (917) 620-9540, or contact Olivia Martinez, Digital Media Associate, at office (202) 888-6784 or cell (714) 600-4463.
- Stop Solitary for Kids: The Movement Grows
- Mark Soler and Marc Schindler, Oct 17, 2016
- The Stop Solitary for Kids campaign continues to gain momentum.
- Unconstitutional detention
- The Baltimore Sun Editorial Board, Oct 13, 2016
- Md. judges should stop requiring cash as a condition of bail or at least set realistic prices.
- Md. attorney general’s office raises constitutionality questions about state’s cash bail system
- Ovetta Wiggins, Oct 11, 2016
- Citing JPI's Marc Schindler and Bail Fail report.
- An effective approach to youth justice will help enhance public safety
- Marc Schindler and Shay Bilchik, Oct 4, 2016
- What the new FBI crime statistics tell us about juvenile justice reform.
- A 14-Year-Old Is Facing Trial for 'Stealing' a Milk Carton - and It's Part of a Huge Problem
- Mike Rothschild, Oct 1, 2016
- Citing JPI's Education Under Arrest .
- JPI Statement on the Crime Statistics and Trends
- Justice Policy Institute, Sep 26, 2016
- Policymakers should prioritize effective investments in crime prevention
- FBI: Violent crime, murder rose in 2015, but stats still at historic lows
- Kelly Cohen, Sep 26, 2016
- Citing JPI's Marc Schindler.
- What new crime stats tell us about our approach to justice?
- Marc Schindler, Sep 26, 2016
- We need to rethink our approach to violent crime.
- Scott: Money Spent on Prison Should be Used to Train Cops
- Lenore T. Adkins, Sep 17, 2016
- Quoting JPI's Marc Schindler
- Feds to Schools: Kids Don’t Need More Cops on Campus
- Joseph Williams, Sep 15, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler weighs in.
- Defining Violence: America Needs To Reconsider Its Approach To Violent Crime To End Mass Incarceration
- Marc Schindler, Sep 13, 2016
- Marc Schindler writes about JPI's new report, Defining Violence .
- Violent crime shouldn't be left out of prison reform debate
- Marc Schindler and Jason Ziedenberg, Sep 12, 2016
- Read JPI's new report, Defining Violence .
- America can’t reduce incarceration without focus on violent crime
- Marc Schindler, Sep 9, 2016
- America must have a serious, informed conversation about perpetrators of crime if we are truly going to come to grips with our addiction to incarceration.
- Judge's Football Team Loses, Juvenile Sentences Go Up
- Emily Deruy, Sep 7, 2016
- JPI's Executive Director Marc Schindler weighs in.
- In Freddie Gray’s neighborhood, there are signs things are getting better
- Courtland Milloy, Aug 30, 2016
- Citing JPI's The Right Investment .
Browse by date
Browse by keyword