Here, you can learn JPI's perspective on criminal and juvenile justice systems and how we can improve the well-being of people and communities, including our most recent press releases, appearences in the media, and other criminal and juvenile justice related news.
For media inquiries, contact Elizabeth McCabe Deal, Communications Director, at office (202) 888-6748 or cell (917) 620-9540.
- Teen inmates to be moved off Rikers amid push for age-appropriate policies
- Aidan Quigley, Jul 21, 2016
- JPI's Jason Ziedenberg weighs in on the age-appropriate policy.
- Eliminating racial divide in Howard school suspensions requires community effort, county leaders say
- Lisa Philip, Jul 18, 2016
- "If you don't acknowledge that I live a different reality, you're not willing to do anything to change that"
- Our Bail System Is Leaving Innocent People To Die In Jail Because They’re Poor
- Nick Wing, Jul 14, 2016
- When freedom is only available to those who can afford it, many end up paying with their lives.
- Yale group sets up bail fund to cut pretrial jail time
- Ed Stannard, Jul 11, 2016
- Citing JPI's Bail Fail .
- How video changed Americans' views toward the police, from Rodney King to Alton Sterling
- German Lopez, Jul 6, 2016
- Citing JPI's Education Under Arrest.
- No discipline for supervisor in youth abuse incidents
- Patrick Marley and Catie Edmondson, Jul 3, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler speaks out about abuse at Wisconsin's youth prison.
- Who is in Prison and What it Costs
- Baltimore City Paper, Jun 28, 2016
- Citing JPI's The Right Investment
- A Social Worker in a Robe
- Juleyka Lantigua-Williams, Jun 25, 2016
- One judge faces criticism from colleagues and professional stigma for doing what he thinks is right.
- 3 Education Issues That Need to Be Addressed on Top of Affirmative Action
- Zak Cheney Rice, Jun 24, 2016
- Mic cites JPI on the school to prison pipeline
- Time for adult responsibility at Connecticut Juvenile Training School
- Marc Schindler, Jun 22, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler calls for reform at Connecticut Juvenile Training School.
- What I really want for Father’s Day: Stop Solitary for Kids
- Marc Schindler, Jun 20, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler tells why we must Stop Solitary for Kids
- A path to an overdue end of bail
- Robert C. Embry, Jr., Jun 7, 2016
- More than 8,200 people were held on bail in Baltimore last year because they couldn't afford release.
- Hogan prepares to sign off on overhaul of Maryland criminal justice system
- Michael Dresser, May 19, 2016
- On Thursday, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan will sign off on a major shift in criminal justice policy.
- Should Solitary Confinement for Youth be Abolished?
- Crossroads with Roach Brown, May 10, 2016
- JPI's Marc Schindler joins WPFW's Crossroads to discuss Stop Solitary for Kids.
- JPI's May Newsletter
- Justice Policy Institute, May 9, 2016
- Stay up to date on JPI's recent work!
Browse by date
Browse by keyword