Below you can find recent information shared over JPI's listserv including events, newsletters, updates on new JPI publications, special announcements and newsletters.
1–25 of 36 items | Next »
Brennan Center for Justice, JPI Host Incarceration Generation in NYC 12.12.13
- Nov 25, 2013
- Join the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law Thursday, December 12, 2013, as it co-hosts an Incarceration Generation booksigning and panel discussion featuring Neill…
Editorial Supports a Fairer Justice System in Virginia, Media Highlights Policy Brief
- Nov 22, 2013
- The Justice Policy Institute published a new policy brief on Virginia's escalating crisis within its justice system. Virginia's Justice System: Expensive, Ineffective and Unfair , calls the…
11.14.13: Panel Discussion, Release of New Virginia Brief & "Incarceration Generation" Booksigning in Richmond, VA
- Nov 1, 2013
- The Virginia Alliance Against Mass Incarceration in partnership with Virginia Union University's Center for the Study of the Urban Child invite you to Virginia Union University as the Justice…
Meet JPI's New Executive Director, Marc Schindler 9.18.13
- Sep 10, 2013
- Join us 9.18.13 for a meet & greet in honor of JPI's newly named Executive Director, Marc Schindler at the offices of our friends at the ACLU. RSVP here .
JPI Partners with PJI for Bail Month
- Sep 4, 2013
- This month, JPI, in partnership with the Pretrial Justice Institute (PJI), aims to educate the public on the need for bail reform for the second year in a row. New reports, a national phone call…
RSVP Required: Listenbee Addresses Congressional Staff on Juvenile Justice
- Jul 23, 2013
- Tuesday's briefing is a first step in educating key staff on juvenile justice reform and the strides states are making and have made across the country over the last several years.
Justice Policy Institute Brings on Marc Schindler, Nationally Known Juvenile Justice Advocate and Reformer, as Executive Director
- Jun 19, 2013
- The Justice Policy Institute (JPI) announced today that Marc Schindler has been named Executive Director of the national criminal and juvenile justice reform organization based in Washington, D.C.…
JPI Publishes Incarceration Generation Book; Booksignings Scheduled Across the Country
- Jun 14, 2013
- The Justice Policy Institute is proud to unveil "Incarceration Generation," a coffee-table book of essays detailing the rise of mass incarceration over the last 40 years.
Virginia Faith Leaders to Rally at State Capitol to Call on Gov. McDonnell to Deliver on Commitment to Automatic Voting Rights Restoration
- May 30, 2013
- Virginia Faith Leaders to Rally at Richond, VA State Capitol, Call on Gov. McDonnell to Deliver on Commitment to Automatic Voting Rights Restoration
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Justice
- May 16, 2013
- Goodies Frozen Custard & Treats, the nation's first and only vintage mobile eatery offering the finest proprietary frozen custard and Mom approved gourmet Goodies, is partnering with the Justice…
Baltimore City Child Support Forum
- May 1, 2013
- How do we create a child support system that considers the financial limitations and personal needs of Baltimore City parents who are formerly or currently incarcerated?
JPI Spring 2013 Newsletter: First Quarter Successes, Transitions
- Apr 30, 2013
- In this issue:
Peter Leone, Ph.D., Acting Director
New Year, New Research
JPI at Forefront of School Police Debate
Stanford University Students Spend…
JJIE Launches New Juvenile Justice Hub, Explores Mental Health
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange, Apr 24, 2013
- Follow pathways from the stories to a new comprehensive Juvenile Justice Resource Hub developed in partnership with the National Juvenile Justice Network and the MacArthur Foundation.
Tuesday April 16: PBS to Air "The Central Park Five" Giving Light to Racial Disparity in U.S. Criminal Justice System
- Apr 16, 2013
- Tune in to PBS Tuesday at 9:00 pm EST to watch "The Central Park Five," a new film from award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns, tells the story of the five black and Latino teenagers from Harlem who were…
Keeping Families Together Leads to Fewer Kids in the Prison Pipeline
- Apr 9, 2013
- Youth in D.C.’s child welfare system can be better served if D.C. policy makers prioritize the needs of its vulnerable children and their families by investing in the mental health and…
JPI Celebrates Robert Listenbee, Jr.
- Feb 11, 2013
- In honor of Black History Month, the Justice Policy Institute recognizes the hard work, sacrifices and achievements of African Americans working on behalf of those who are impacted by the criminal…
More Police in Schools Doesn't Have to Happen
- Jan 23, 2013
- But we need your support to continue fighting for what will really keep youth safe.
JPI Celebrates 15th Year of Criminal Justice Reform!
- Dec 19, 2012
- hank you for helping to make the Justice Policy Institute a leading voice in criminal justice reform over the last 15 years. From December 2012 to December 2013 we will be celebrating this important…
JPI Election Special Results!
- Nov 7, 2012
- Responses to the JPI poll asking who will be the better President on justice reform in the 2012 Election!
JPI Participates in Life Sentences in America Panel October 24, 2012
- Oct 17, 2012
- JPI Executive Director Tracy Velazquez joins a panel of experts on the issue of serving life sentences.
Save the Date: The High Price of Bail Thursday September 27, 2012
- Sep 27, 2012
- Join us during JPI Bail Month as we host a free panel discussion on the impact and influence on money bail September 27. RSVP here .
September is JPI Bail Month: Attend one of our Events, Read our Reports, Spread the Word
- Sep 10, 2012
- This month, JPI is dedicating all of its resources to educating the public on bail. Learn more during one of our three events and read our three reports.
JPI Newsletter: Bail Month, Tackling Virginia's Harsh Justice Policies and More
- Aug 24, 2012
- Highlighted in this edition of our newsletter: a preview of JPI Bail Month, a new film project with award-winning directors, our new reform efforts in Virginia, and more!
JPI Newsletter: Celebrating 15 Years of Reform
- Apr 11, 2012
- Highlighted in this edition of our newsletter: a preview of our 2012 report series, meet our new staff and board members, successes in Maryland, and more!
Missed the Event? See Panels on Private Prisons and Civil Rights Online!
- Mar 21, 2012
- Take advantage of links to compelling panls on critical justice issues, and help us continue to blog for the cause!
1–25 of 36 items | Next »