Below you can find recent information shared over JPI's listserv including events, newsletters, updates on new JPI publications, special announcements and newsletters.
1–25 of 27 items | Next »
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Justice
- May 16, 2013
- Goodies Frozen Custard & Treats, the nation's first and only vintage mobile eatery offering the finest proprietary frozen custard and Mom approved gourmet Goodies, is partnering with the Justice…
Baltimore City Child Support Forum
- May 1, 2013
- How do we create a child support system that considers the financial limitations and personal needs of Baltimore City parents who are formerly or currently incarcerated?
JPI Spring 2013 Newsletter: First Quarter Successes, Transitions
- Apr 30, 2013
- In this issue:
Peter Leone, Ph.D., Acting Director
New Year, New Research
JPI at Forefront of School Police Debate
Stanford University Students Spend…
JJIE Launches New Juvenile Justice Hub, Explores Mental Health
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange, Apr 24, 2013
- Follow pathways from the stories to a new comprehensive Juvenile Justice Resource Hub developed in partnership with the National Juvenile Justice Network and the MacArthur Foundation.
Tuesday April 16: PBS to Air "The Central Park Five" Giving Light to Racial Disparity in U.S. Criminal Justice System
- Apr 16, 2013
- Tune in to PBS Tuesday at 9:00 pm EST to watch "The Central Park Five," a new film from award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns, tells the story of the five black and Latino teenagers from Harlem who were…
Keeping Families Together Leads to Fewer Kids in the Prison Pipeline
- Apr 9, 2013
- Youth in D.C.’s child welfare system can be better served if D.C. policy makers prioritize the needs of its vulnerable children and their families by investing in the mental health and…
JPI Celebrates Robert Listenbee, Jr.
- Feb 11, 2013
- In honor of Black History Month, the Justice Policy Institute recognizes the hard work, sacrifices and achievements of African Americans working on behalf of those who are impacted by the criminal…
More Police in Schools Doesn't Have to Happen
- Jan 23, 2013
- But we need your support to continue fighting for what will really keep youth safe.
JPI Celebrates 15th Year of Criminal Justice Reform!
- Dec 19, 2012
- hank you for helping to make the Justice Policy Institute a leading voice in criminal justice reform over the last 15 years. From December 2012 to December 2013 we will be celebrating this important…
JPI Election Special Results!
- Nov 7, 2012
- Responses to the JPI poll asking who will be the better President on justice reform in the 2012 Election!
JPI Participates in Life Sentences in America Panel October 24, 2012
- Oct 17, 2012
- JPI Executive Director Tracy Velazquez joins a panel of experts on the issue of serving life sentences.
Save the Date: The High Price of Bail Thursday September 27, 2012
- Sep 27, 2012
- Join us during JPI Bail Month as we host a free panel discussion on the impact and influence on money bail September 27. RSVP here .
September is JPI Bail Month: Attend one of our Events, Read our Reports, Spread the Word
- Sep 10, 2012
- This month, JPI is dedicating all of its resources to educating the public on bail. Learn more during one of our three events and read our three reports.
JPI Newsletter: Bail Month, Tackling Virginia's Harsh Justice Policies and More
- Aug 24, 2012
- Highlighted in this edition of our newsletter: a preview of JPI Bail Month, a new film project with award-winning directors, our new reform efforts in Virginia, and more!
JPI Newsletter: Celebrating 15 Years of Reform
- Apr 11, 2012
- Highlighted in this edition of our newsletter: a preview of our 2012 report series, meet our new staff and board members, successes in Maryland, and more!
Missed the Event? See Panels on Private Prisons and Civil Rights Online!
- Mar 21, 2012
- Take advantage of links to compelling panls on critical justice issues, and help us continue to blog for the cause!
EVENT 3/13: Continuing the Legacy of the Civil Rights Movement through Criminal Justice Reform
- Mar 9, 2012
- JPI featured on panel to discuss the history of discrimination in the criminal justice system and to identify important policy strategies and solutions.
Dream of a Nation
- Feb 28, 2012
- JPI contributed to a book of essays highlighting a people-centered initiative focused on big dreams, bold innovations, and realizing our full potential as a nation.
2/27: JPI to Sit on Congressional Panel for Cost-Effectiveness of Youth Violence and Intervention Strategies
- Feb 23, 2012
- Congressmen Scott & Jones will host a bipartisan briefing in Room 2237 in the Rayburn House Office Building at 3:00 pm. The briefing is open to the Members of Congress and their staff, the public…
Thursday (2/23) on Capitol Hill: JPI Weighs in on Private Prisons, Mass Incarceration
- Feb 21, 2012
- Congressional briefing, hosted by the ACLU, on the crisis of prisons and mass incarceration.
JPI Newsletter: A Full Year of Work and Reform
- Newsletter, Dec 21, 2011
- Highlighted in this edition of our newsletter, you will read about our partnerships, publications and special events that we had the opportunity to participate in.
Veterans in the Justice System Brown Bag Lunch Discussion Thursday Nov. 10
- Nov 7, 2011
- JPI and the Open Society Foundation will host a brown bag lunch discussion on veterans and the justice system Thurs., Nov. 10 at 12:15 p.m. at 1730 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC.
Back to the Neighborhood: How to Succeed with a Criminal Record
- Oct 14, 2011
- A re-entry summit hosted by the Reentry Consortium, Office of the Public Defender - Neighborhood Defenders, Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation, MoneyWise and Justice Policy Institute on…
Register Now for JPI's Special Event "Private Prisons: What are the Costs of their Profits?"
- Sep 28, 2011
- You're invited! Join us for an engaging discussion highlighting the political strategies of private prison companies and the implications of private prison expansion.
ANNOUNCEMENT: 9/21 Conference Call to Highlight Political Strategies of Private Prisons Companies
- Sep 15, 2011
- JPI to be featured in an NACDL State Criminal Justice Network call focusing on our report Gaming the System . Read through for call-in access information.
1–25 of 27 items | Next »