Who We Are
Justice Policy Institute is a national nonprofit organization that changes the conversation around justice reform and advances policies that promote well-being and justice for all people and communities. Our research and analyses identify effective programs and policies and we disseminate our findings to the media, policymakers and advocates, and provide training and technical assistance supports to people working for justice reform.
Mission and Vision
JPI is dedicated to reducing the use of incarceration and the justice system by promoting fair and effective policies.
JPI envisions a society with safe, equitable and healthy communities; just and effective solutions to social problems; and the use of incarceration only as a last resort.
Through a combination of groundbreaking research, communications strategies and technical assistance, we inform advocates, policymakers and the media about fair and effective approaches to justice and community well-being. We reframe the conversation around justice for all, and advance a new paradigm for improving the well-being of all people and communities with:
- Timely and targeted policy briefs, reports and research projects.
- Strategic communications and media advocacy.
- Technical assistance and strategic consultation to allies and campaigns.
- Trainings on research and communications.
- Connecting and highlighting different work and allies in the field, across the states, and across the country.
- Rapid response to emerging issues opportunities and threats to reform.